In a world where traveling is currently limited and a trip to the store feels like a vacation. My wanderlust has gone mental. In order to suppress the need for travel, I have decided to share my travel bucket list. I hope that my wanderlust dreams come true sooner rather than later. For now, here are the places I hope to visit and why they are high on my travel bucket list.
United Kingdom and Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
- Quite a few years back, my dad and I accompanied my mom on one of her 24-hour layover trips to Dublin, she was a flight attendant. We spent all day sightseeing what we could before flying home. I would love to return and explore the city even more.
- Galway, Ireland
- I hope to visit Galway soon. Galway is a place that I was able to trace my ancestry to thanks to Ancestry.com. I’m unsure of any family that lived there or may live there now. All I know is that it would be wonderful to see the city that holds a piece of my heritage within it.
- Stratford-Upon-Avon, England
- As the home to William Shakespeare, I’ve always wanted to visit this town as theatre holds a place in my heart. I’ve had a few opportunities to visit, but never made. I’m going to make Stratford-Upon-Avon one of the day trips I take the next time I’m in London.
Eastern and Western Europe
- Stebnik, Slovakia
- This trip is one that will be close to my heart. This is the town in Slovakia that my Great-Great-Grandfather emigrated from when immigrating to the United States. I’ve done some research and it seems likely that I may still have relations in this town or nearby. This trip was one my mother and I wanted to take together. Now, I will make it to Stebnik in her memory as I promised I would.
- Prague, Czech Republic
- The beauty of the city and it’s architecture alone make me want to spend weeks in Prague. Before we knew more family history, we thought our family had come from Czechoslovakia. That may not be the case anymore, but I’m still drawn to this city and I hope to visit as soon as I can.
- This one is not city-specific because there are so many places I want to see throughout Romania. This trip is inspired first by vampires and second by history and architecture. The gothic style of Eastern Europe is just stunning and Romania has some noteworthy castles worth a viewing. Key sights I want to see included Bran Castle, and the Carpathian Mountains.
- Tokyo, Japan
- This is one of the vacations I dream about. With all the amazing things to learn, see, and do in this city it would be a trip to remember. I would love to visit Tokyo with a few of my closest friends, being that one of the reasons we became friends was because of our love of manga and anime in middle school. I can only imagine the fun we would have while visiting the Pokemon Center, the Studio Ghibli Museum, and all the cafes and arcades!
The list above is just the tip of the travel iceberg and this post would be a novel if I continued. Traveling is such a wonderful privilege to have and I hope to share more bucket lists, travel diaries as well as travel guides, to help you experience the world for yourself be it in person or by screen.
What is on your travel bucket list?
I would love to hear from you about the countries, cities, or sights that you would like to see. If you could go anywhere with anyone where would you go? Share in the comments and we can build our travel bucket lists together.
Safe and happy travels