For the first time since going into quarantine, I’m going to bury my nose in my books and get some reading done because……It is time for a Read-A-Thon! Ariel and Raeleen, the creators of The Reading Rush have brought us an extra dose of reading excitement this month while our lives and the world are a little topsy-turvy. The #StayHomeReadingRush begins on April 16th and will end on April 19th. There will be challenges and sprints like always and for full details check out Ariel’s video here.
Stay Home Reading Rush TAG
How is your reading going while staying home?
- My reading while at home has been very slow. Life has really been really off-kilter since the beginning of 2020, so I’ve not read nearly as much as would have, which I’m okay with. I’m ready to catch up with my reading with The Reading Rush!
Where have you been reading at home?
- All over! The little reading I have been doing is all been by audiobook, so I can read while I accomplish other tasks! I read almost 75% of Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan while painting a chicken coop.
Best book you’ve read during isolation?
- Wicked Saints…..I’m pretty sure it’s the only book I’ve read during isolation.
What’s your favourite feel good book?
- Anything Sarah Dessen is my go-to for all the good feels and all the feels in general. The Truth About Forever is my absolute top pick from all her books.
Book you wish you could buy or borrow from the library?
- I’ve been focused on reading the unread books currently on my shelves, so I don’t really need a book, but I definitely could use a wander through Barnes and Noble with a vanilla latte for a good like 6 hours!
Author you want to shout out during this time?
- Here are a few authors that have books that will help put a smile on your face, which happens to be on of the reading challenges – so check out authors, Nandini Bajpai (Match Made in Mehendi), Gloria Chao (American Panda), and Rainbow Rowell (Fangirl).
What is your Reading Rush TBR?
- I tend to base my TBR for all read-a-thons on the challenges. Keep reading to check out the challenges for the StayHomeReadingRush as well as my TBR for the read-a-thon!
Read a book with a house on the cover.
Read a book in the same room the whole time.
- The Winter Duke by Claire Eliza Bartlett | I’m ticking off two challenges with this one! There is a stunning castle on the cover and I’m going to curl up cozy in the book corner of my bedroom to read it. I’m so excited by the book as it is a retelling that is part Sleeping Beauty and part Anastasia!
Read a book set somewhere you wish you could go.
- The Hummingbird Dagger by Cindy Anstey | This book is set in England with scenes in Dorset and London! London is my home away from home and I would love to visit soon!
Read a book that will make you smile.
- The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen | I could have picked any of Sarah Dessen’s books because they all bring a smile to my face. The Truth About Forever is just my absolutely favorite!
Extra Books – You always need backups!
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab
- Vengeful by V.E. Schwab
- All That She Can See by Carrie Hope Fletcher
If I finish all the book mentioned above I will dive into these! I’m hoping to get to at least one of these books done during the read-a-thon! This puts my book goal for the Stay Home Reading Rush at 4 books, which I think is definitely doable over the 4 days!
Along with the reading challenges I’ve listed the Instagram challenges below! If you want to see my take on this prompts you can follow me on Instagram – @whimsicalnarratives
Instagram Challenges – #stayhomereadingrush
Thursday: Take a photo of your favorite reading spot!
Friday: Take a photo of your favorite bookmark!
Saturday: Take a photo of your bookshelves!
Sunday: Take a photo of a book outside!
Let’s Get Ready To Read-A-Thon!
I’m extra excited for this mini version of The Reading Rush as it’s my favorite read-a-thon and my first read-a-thon of 2020! Leave me a comment letting me know if you are going to participate and what you are planning to read because I would love to know! I’ll be back with a recap of my reading each day of the read-a-thon and I may even try to vlog as well, so look out for those posts on my social media channels!
As always thank you for stopping by a reading my blog!