Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is fun one! I’m going to let you all get to know bit more about me this week. I will be sharing 10 non-bookish hobbies I enjoy! Let’s jump right into it with:
1. Watching TV and Movies | Now, depending on the movie or tv show this could have to do with books, but in general not so much. I love watching a great film or binge-watching a show. During the quarantine, I started watching Supernatural for the first time and I’m not on Season 12!
2. Cosplay | Unfortunately this year with everything getting canceled I didn’t bother to work on any new costumes. My favorite costume I’ve put together is my Steampunk Ariel, and I have it planned in my mind to create a whole bunch of steampunk Disney costumes! My plan this year was to do a female version of Milo from Atlantis!
3. Working Out | I never thought I would talk about enjoying working out, but over the last year and definitely the last few months I have upped my exercise game immensely and I love how I feel after I complete a program and a workout! In the words of Elle Woods, “Exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands. They just don’t.”
4. Gaming | I don’t play video games super often, but when I do you will most likely find me replaying Uncharted 4! Hands down my favorite video game franchise! I cannot wait for the film starring Tom Holland to be released, they just wrapped principal photography last week!
5. Traveling | This particular fave of mine and been out on the back burner due to the current pandemic. I’m holding on tight to the hope that next year will involve at least a couple of trips, even if they are a little closer to home than I would like them to be. If I’m able I would love to visit London, Paris, and Prague next year! For more on my future trips check out my Travel Bucket List!
6. Singing | If you are in a car with me be prepared to either sing along with me or grab the popcorn and prepare for one-woman shows of either Disney movies or Musicals, specifically Mean Girls, Half A Sixpence, Heathers, and Les Mis!
7. Dancing | I haven’t taken an actual dance class in years, but I dance around the house like no one is watching! I plan to break out my tap shoes soon and try to find some at-home lessons to watch via YouTube!
8. Board Games | I love a good board game! I don’t get to play them nearly as much as I like. A few that I enjoy most are Scrabble, CLUE, and Backgammon!
9. Learning | This one is a strange one because I was never a big fan of school, but as I’ve gotten older I’ve enjoyed learning more and appreciate museums and art galleries more than I ever did as a student.
10. Spending Time With Loved Ones | I can easily spend hours at a coffee shop with friends or at a family gathering. In the times we live in and the hand that 2020 dealt me, I will always be ready for some hang time with my family and friends.
I hope during this post you have learned a little more about me! I would love to hear an interesting fact about you or some of your hobbies in the comments!
I hope you have a beautiful day and remember that life is always better with a good book!
Kimberly | Whimsical Narratives
Do you want to take part in Top Ten Tuesday! You can find out more here!